Friday, April 21, 2006

m-m-metablogging

Ah sweet, sweet linkage, and a gauntlet thown down too. Though frankly I can't see how a posting here could be more effective at inducing a blog posting than dropping into his office and saying "update your freakin' blog already!" as I am wont to do.

I've never needed to use the possessive form of zar', but then I'm not fond of writing about myself in the third person. Having now seen someone else deal with it I realise that it results in a bit of a mess. It's almost as twisted as the origins of the handle (which I won't go into as I expect the intersection of 2001: A Space Odyssey fans and Robotech fans is pretty much guaranteed to be the null set). A blog may be an exercise in vanity, but even I'm not so delusional as to think anyone would actually be interested in that. If I'm going to have a blog and pretend people are going to visit, I figure the least I can do is give an opinion like, say, how no one knows how to program any more (a.k.a. my very first post), what makes a good (or bad) remote, or how oncoming drivers on nearly-empty streets are trying to kill me. At least the hypothetical readers of such posts are likely to be entertained. Expounding on the genealogy of a four character alias seems more likely to, at best, drive people away.

Yes, those topics are an indication of things to come. You expected something else from a paranoid tech-junkie fan-boy? I have said, on many occasions, to many people, that the only thing I have going for me is my brain. I happen to like thinking. If you're foolish enough to come back here, I have every intention of making you think too. You have been warned. I guess I'll know if I've succeeded when the hate mail starts rolling in.

Labels: