Thursday, July 13, 2006

Browsing is Nifty

Genre browsing works now, well, at least as well as it can work when most files don't contain any genre information, or worse, contain mis-spelled genre information. I did manage to find a rather handy tool: mp3tag, which thankfully can tag more than mp3s (eg. oggs). Check out the website to see all the different formats it can handle.

I discovered that my "new" deadlock that I'd found yesterday isn't actually new - an old deadlock bug just had new symptoms because I'd fixed it incorrectly. I think I finally have it fixed now (at least, until the next time).

I really like the way that the functionality is shaping up, the problem now is that there's no good way to access all these new functions. I could insert a new screen after server selection, but this means that the worst-case scenario involves traversing five screens before you make a music selection. There has to be a way to flatten this out.

Labels: